Accounting Manager – Toronto
Reports to: Director, Property Accounting
The Accounting Manager will maintain departmental controls and accounting policies and procedures. The Accounting Manager will be directly responsible for the mentorship of the reporting Project Accountants. Leadership, accountability and responsibility are three critical assets to the position.
- Lead a team with approximately 2 direct reports
- Review the preparation and reporting of financial results including cash flow reporting and distribution before they are submitted to clients
- Implement departmental policy and procedure regarding all direct reporting project accounting staff
- Review and maintain internal controls
- Involved in review process of EFT transmissions
- Knowledge of GST regulations and requirements to provide support in reporting and audit coordination
- Coordinate and maintain operating cost reconciliation process and schedule in coordination with Budget Manager
- Liaise with clients and client representatives
- Encourage positive working relationship with Real Estate and Administration departments
- Coordinate external audits as required by tenants for recovery purposes, clients for property books
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/commerce or related field required;
- Accounting designation or working towards a designation an asset;
- 3+ years of experience in property accounting;
- Supervisory experience is considered an asset
- Relationship Skills – Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written in English and French (an asset); ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships; team player;
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, ability to work at a detailed level; willingness to learn in a dynamic environment that includes new ideas and change;
- Computer Skills – intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of MRI or Yardi an asset.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.