Vice President, Property Accounting – National
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Finance, Operations & Administration
Location: Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary
Who we are:
The Canderel Group is a national real estate investment, development and management company that focuses on urban and suburban office properties, the development and management of residential and as well industrial and retail buildings. We currently manage a portfolio of over 25 million square feet with landmark projects in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. In addition, the company fully owns or has interests in a portfolio of real estate service companies and partnerships. Our +700 real estate professionals have handled over $20 billion in acquisitions, development, and management projects. And with all properties combined over the years, this translates to more than 70 million square feet of owned, managed and developed properties.
About the role:
We are seeking an accomplished Vice President, Property Accounting to provide strategic leadership and support client relationships. This leader will also be focused on providing our clients with excellent financials by steering digital transformation projects and business development opportunities.
- Mentor directors and managers to build strong leaders throughout the organization.
- Ensure a stable and supportive workplace environment, be visible and available to employees.
- Understand all aspects of our client’s business and develop strategic partnerships with a focus on delivering high quality products. Ensures client issues are resolved by responding and escalating client inquiries as appropriate.
- Strengthen relationships with key internal stakeholders by proactively collaborating and cultivating a deep understanding of their needs.
- Provide thoughtful leadership, strategic consultation, and innovative solutions on how to use technology solutions and business automation to better service our clients.
- Strive to advance accounting and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements.
- Provide input and advice regarding corporate initiatives and environmental, social governance.
- Apply accounting principles in a practical way to support and protect the company.
- Participate in industry organizations and, where appropriate, conferences.
- Manage, recruit, coach, mentor, and work in collaboration with an accounting team.
What we are looking for:
- A broad foundation of accounting concepts, experience, and applications relevant to the practice of third-party commercial property management accounting.
- An understanding of risk management and an ability to take steps to identify and improve, controls required within the department.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills and the ability to communicate accounting advice effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on critical goals and strive for superior results.
- Drive to learn, understand and proactively contribute to business objectives and to work collaboratively and creatively.
- Strong leadership abilities and skilled at developing and maintaining relationships with sophisticated clients, partners and company management.
- Dedicated approach to digital transformation and business automation projects in accounting.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA, CA designation required.
- Proficiency with Canadian GAAP
- Experience working with Yardi or MRI software’s, including migration
- Seasoned professional with minimum of ten (10) years of experience in commercial property management, and minimum of three (3) years in a leadership position
- Fluency in English is required, fluency in French is an asset
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.