Asset Manager – Edmonton
Reports to: Vice President, Property Management, Western Canada
Canderel seeks an experienced Asset Manager to oversee a portfolio of office properties located in Alberta. Our core business is the third-party management of commercial properties. The Asset Manager will be responsible for tasks associated with the portfolio assigned to them.
- Provides support to Vice President, Property Management, in the development, valuation and administration of all asset management functions for a portfolio of high-profile assets in the Edmonton and Calgary regions;
- Manages aspects of the portfolio including the oversight of staff, tenants, leasing, reporting, budgeting, identification of efficiencies and gaps, thereby maximizing ROI to the client;
- Provide recommendations to executive teams and stakeholders on the valuation, risks, benefits, market trends and other key metrics;
- Implement controls guaranteeing internal policies are being followed and contractual obligations are fulfilled, curtailing liability for stakeholders and corporate interests. This is further reinforced by maintaining a high level of awareness of regulatory guidelines, changing legislation, market and economic conditions;
- Provide input in the annual budget process. Capital and leasing projections will be required during the initial development and revision processes. Review and audit budget in the final stages to identify errors and trends for future year forecasting;
- Liaise with internal and external brokers on the lease-up of vacant space;
- Demonstrate a solid acumen of industry intelligence, competitor market activities, emerging market trends, pricing and profit expectations on a micro and macro level.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- A minimum of seven years experience within commercial real estate;
- A current and active Real Estate License is considered an asset for the position;
- Third party leasing, property management experience or a broker’s license will be considered an advantage;
- The successful candidate will have an extensive network of contacts in the real estate industry along with an impeccable reputation;
- Knowledgeable in sustainability and the certification of buildings;
- Familiarity with valuation processes and software’s;
- Satisfactory criminal background clearance.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.