Budget Assistant – Edmonton
As a member of the budget team, the Budget Assistant will coordinate and maintain the property operating budgets for a variety of properties, consisting of mainly commercial and retail tenants, and assist with annual operating cost recoverable cost calculations.
The Budgeting Assistant role includes an array of activities in support of the budgeting and recovery calculation process
- Preparation of budget documentation
- Coordination of budget inputs from various departments including leasing assumptions, expense / contract expenditures, capital planning
- Review budget input for completeness and accuracy; follows up on additional information and/or further clarification
- Communication and collaboration with operating/accounting departments to establish relevant budgeting costs and forecasts
- Review tenant leases to establish accurate allowable cost allocations
- Prepare standard and special reports as required
- Recommend strategies to keep operating costs within a competitive range
- Assist in administrative duties by calculating and providing annual budgeted and actual rent calculations
- Updates approved budgets in accounting software
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of an Accounting Degree or equivalent Commercial Property Accounting work experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Extensive knowledge of Excel is required
- YARDI experience will be considered an advantage
- Satisfactory police record clearance
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.