Roaming Building Operator – Edmonton
Reports to: Operations Supervisor
Canderel Management (West) Inc. seeks an experienced Building Operator to support a portfolio of commercial property; ensuring it is maintained to a high standard. To assist in building strong tenant relations by providing prompt courteous and professional services to the tenants. To demonstrate a “pride of ownership” approach to their properties.
- Respond to tenant calls/requests in a timely manner and provide outstanding customer service;
- Conduct inspections of building exterior and interior;
- Perform meter readings, vacant space checks, mechanical logs, etc.;
- Keep diligent track and organize stock supplies to maximize productivity and cost savings;
- Program lighting control, card readers, elevator schedules;
- Perform adjustments and minor repairs on doors, flushometers, lights, ceiling tiles, etc.;
- Contact contractors and procure quotes for required work;
- Perform preventative maintenance (side stream filters, sock filters, strainers, etc.);
- Assist and support the team with operational items.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum 1 – 3 years’ experience in building maintenance, preferably of large commercial buildings;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Detail-oriented work style;
- Able to perform tasks in a timely manner;
- Perform all work according to OH&S, ASME, CSA, Safety Codes Act, established safety procedures, manufacturer’s instructions, company policies;
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with hand/power tools;
- Flexible to work during regular hours but also after-hours and participate in on-call rotation;
- Able to work alone or in a team environment;
- Very knowledgeable and up to date with Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledgeable/experienced with work order software programs such as Angus Anywhere;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must successfully complete a criminal background verification.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.