Accounting – Construction Accountant – Toronto
Reports to: Senior Director, Investments
The Construction Accountant will be responsible for various projects within our residential portfolio in Toronto. The incumbent will work closely with our construction and development teams to monitor and process all project accounting details. The candidate will have an open mind with respect to solving problems and be a team player who communicates well and pro-actively.
- Set-up new vendors in the system, coordinate supplier and subtrade payment management;
- Collect, reconcile, seek approval, and process all project related subcontractor payments, general expenditures, , and all other financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms and verify against budgets;
- Work with project teams to resolve any issues related to coding and commitments;
- Review and monitor issuance of Purchase Orders and tracking of same;
- Ensure project is set up and updated correctly, including capturing change orders and POs and consistent auditing of the file to ensure accuracy;
- Work closely with others to manage project related PO, AP, and AR activity including set up, WIP, and reconciliation;
- Accurately reflect the financial status of projects by ensuring timely recording of all cost and revenue transactions;
- Prepare and analyze variances of costs and revenue;
- Work with the project team to ensure timely project reviews are performed, and any financial issues related to earnings, cash-flow, and reporting are addressed;
- Provide support and oversight on a portfolio of projects with multiple project managers, and/or take direct ownership over a single specific project (variable).
- Perform and support project-related control procedures;
- Maintain accurate and timely cash flow data, both current and forecasted as compared to projected cash flow assumed in financial model;
- Prepare project related financial reports;
- Relieve Reception (rotation with some other staff).
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Construction/Development Accountant;
- Accurate Data entry an integral part of the role
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills;
- Detail-oriented and organized;
- A team player who works with multidisciplinary partners towards a collective goal;
- Able to multitask while managing deadlines and stakeholder expectations;
- Independent self-starter who is proactive and resourceful to seek solutions to dynamic issues.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.