Coordinator, Development – Toronto
Director, Development & Investments
Canderel Group is seeking a driven and collaborative Development Coordinator to assist in the planning of new construction projects throughout the GTHA. This opportunity provides exposure to the entire development cycle and decision-making process of a growing project portfolio.
- Participate with the team on predevelopment and development phases for mixed use • (predominantly residential) projects across the GTHA;
- Participate in the preparation, submission and approval of all Development Applications including, but not limited to, ZBAs and SPAs;
- Participate in the process of soliciting proposals from a broad range of multi-disciplinary consultant teams, and actively working with those consultants during the various phases of a development;
- Work alongside municipalities and other regulatory authorities to ensure approval of development entitlements and permits;
- Partake in investment team planning on potential new acquisitions and development projects to determine feasibility and highest and best use; providing insights on market, entitlement risk, and underwriting/financial feasibility;
- Assist with due diligence on new acquisitions/projects;
- Participate in the preparation of approval briefs and proposals;
- Participate in the review of development agreements, and other project related documents.
- Monitor political and other related policy changes in targeted municipalities to keep track of key changes that may impact the project(s) and the company’s business plan.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Experience in a similar role in real estate development is considered an asset;
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, engineering or business is considered an asset;
- Ability to excel in a high volume, dynamic, fast-paced environment, without sacrificing attention to detail;
- Proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines, balancing multiple priorities and stakeholder relationships;
- Motivated by new challenges and prospects;
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated;
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent presentation skills;
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.