Senior Director, Development – Vancouver
Reports to: Senior Vice-President, Investment and Development, Western Canada
Canderel Group is seeking a Senior Director, Investments & Development to join our Investments & Development team i n Vancouver. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated leader, with a passion for Development and a strong understanding of the planning framework across Lower Mainland municipalities. In addition, she/he will be a strong team player with the ability to communicate directly to the executive team, as well as with the construction and investment teams.
- Lead and manage Development Team through pre-development and development phases for mixed use (predominantly residential) projects across Vancouver and lower mainland municipalities.
- Play a leading role in design and development planning and is responsible for design and development activities across the region.
- Lead the process of soliciting proposals from and negotiating contracts with a broad range of multi-disciplinary consultant teams.
- Work at the outset with the Executive team on JV partner matters and then manage these relationships. Manage relationships with other key stakeholders.
- Work alongside Municipalities/Regions to ensure approval of project plans and permits.
- Is part of the investment team on potential new acquisitions and development projects to determine feasibility and highest and best use, providing insights on market, entitlement risk, and underwriting/financial feasibility.
- Assist with due diligence on new acquisitions/projects.
- Create development project overviews, schedules, budgets and reports, present to Executive Management and Partners.
- Proactively manage, review and prioritize the project work plans with objective to stay on time and on budget
- Oversee project timelines/costs, and report to Executive Management and other stakeholders.
- Clearly and effectively communicate approval briefs and proposals, including recommendations to Executive Management and other project stakeholders.
- Oversee development agreements, and other project related documents.
- Monitor political and other related policy changes in targeted Municipalities/Regions of focus to keep track of key changes that may impact the project(s) and the company’s business plan.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with key Councilors and some other City staff.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years of direct experience in Development
- Experience working on active mid to high-rise multi-residential development projects.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and presentation skills
- Recognized within the investment and development industry, and networks outside of it
- Has a track record of originating and completing transactions
- Demonstrates investment judgement across the business line, and from time to time participates in investment discussions for other business lines
- Suggest improvements and creative ideas for business operations and new opportunities to management
- Follow through on commitments. Always adhere to deadlines
- Is strategic in thinking and in actions
- Acts as key custodian of Canderel’s business interests and brand
- Leadership collaboration with other departments within Canderel
- Excels in a high volume, dynamic and fast paced environment and enjoys new challenges
- Skilled in the use of Word, Outlook, and Excel
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.