Director Property Management – Calgary
Reports to: Senior Director, Property Management
Canderel Management (West) Inc. seeks a Director of Property Management to support in building strong team dynamics by providing leadership, training, prompt, professional and courteous service to our tenants and clients. This role is responsible for providing oversight and mentorship to a team of property managers, building operators and administration dedicated to third party commercial property management located in Calgary, Alberta. Our core business is the management of an office property. This leader is also responsible for growing our service offerings within the region.
- To provide a strategic/asset management view to property management.
- The Director, Property Management is a key resource for the property managers when reviewing property operations or concerns and assisting in the development of long-term relationships with clients.
- Oversee construction and leasing initiatives within the portfolio and provide guidance to the team.
- Implement and nurture cohesive communication and standards of operation.
- Build strong relationships with clients, major tenants, and real estate brokers.
Coordination and Supervision
Monitors the overall effectiveness of the work performed by the property managers. Assists the property managers with tasks, troubleshooting, and implementation of effective solutions to problems. Coaches, mentors, and is available to support the staff with their concerns. Actively communicate and implement policy, in collaboration with and as directed by the Senior Management.
Supervise property managers to ensure the timely preparation and accurate completion of operating, leasing and capital budgets, provide experienced and insightful support to property managers in areas of cash flow management. Understand and assist with operating and cash flow forecasts due to changes in occupancy levels or other unforeseen circumstances, including communication with clients on the implications.
Health and Safety
Ensure that staff and the buildings in the portfolio comply with good Occupational Health and Safety practices. Implement Canderel Health and Safety Policies at the property level. Liaise with Canderel staff and support the agenda of the Health and Safety monthly meetings. Ensure participation from staff and make certain that they understand and comply with safe work practices.
Implement Canderel best practices, processes and policies. Support and provide feedback on policies and procedures to maximize output and ensure a consistent customer experience.
Identify, champion and ensure the implementation of sound environmental practices throughout the portfolio.
Ability to interpret and understand financial aspects of a property to provide the client with appropriate support in conjunction with the accounting team.
Assist with recruitment and placement of required staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
Build a positive, professional relationship with clients
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Real Estate Associates license.
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial property management, including supervising property managers and operations staff.
- Has worked in property management but understands and is able to think at an asset management level.
- Leasing experience.
- Project management experience.
- Leadership and motivational skills to develop exceptional performance in a team environment.
- This position may require day to day management of one signature property.
- Day to day management of other property may be required, particularly during a startup period based on time constraints and needs of the portfolio. It also contemplates support for managers and back up when required.
- Regular communication with clients and larger tenants will be required.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com.