Development – Financial Analyst – Montreal
Reports to: Senior Director, Investments & Asset Management/Director, Development
Canderel is looking for two strong Financial Analysts: one based in Montreal and one based in Toronto. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for screening real estate investment opportunities (across the country), evaluating and underwriting potential investments, coordinating and performing due diligence, and advising senior management on investment decisions. The individual will also be responsible for conducting market research and supporting the rest of the Investment team. The position requires someone who will thrive in a fast‐pace and entrepreneurial environment.
- Assist with acquisition, disposition and development underwriting and due diligence for commercial properties;
- Prepare financial models and scenario analysis in both Argus and Excel to project cash flows, investment returns, and the viability of acquisitions, development and re-development projects;
- Assist in the development and management of financial models for investment management, performance tracking, scenario analysis and financing
- Building and verifying waterfalls to determine the timing and amount of profit distribution available to partners;
- Participate in the research, analysis and execution of strategic initiatives
- Assist and prepare packages for Canderel’s Investment Committee and potential partners;
- Prepare financing packages for lenders;
- Review, summarize and incorporate third party analysis (i.e. engineering, cost consultants, geotechnical reports etc.);
- Monitor existing portfolio of existing properties and assist leasing team with relevant financial analysis on large lease transactions;
- Perform in‐depth industry, market and competitor research to support the investment review process;
- Prepare comprehensive underwriting packages;
- Develop strong business relationships with peers in the industry;
- Update Argus and Excel models quarterly as part of the asset management submissions;
- Ad‐hoc reporting as required.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in business, planning, mathematics or similar relevant fields;
- 2+ years of real estate investments/ development experience;
- MBA, CFA, an asset, but not required
- Excellent written communication skills;
- A good understanding of real estate fundamentals (office, residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use real estate);
- Proven exceptional analytical skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (in particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint); proficient with Argus Enterprise software; Argus Developer is considered an asset;
- Ability and desire to work in a growing midsized entrepreneurial environment;
- Exceptional presentation skills with experience presenting to executive leadership.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.