Reports to: Vice-president, Sales and Marketing, Residential
Canderel is seeking a passionate and talented Interior Designer to work closely with the Marketing team in preparing and executing of condominium project launches, as well as, consultation during construction, colour selection and procurement processes. The ideal candidate will take on the key role in all design-related activities through various channels with the objective of executing a unique and successful end-product.
- Design critique of Canderel and third-party sales and marketing arrangements, of interior design for sales offices, suites, common areas and amenity spaces;
- Produce sketches and spatial programming layouts as required;
- Research information relating to project concepts and design direction;
- Oversee all details of the project from concept and schematic design phases to project completion;
- Participate in all design meetings and internal team meetings as required;
- Coordination with the project team and consultants to resolve design issues, questions or concerns, including review of specifications, detailed and shop drawings;
- Oversee multiple residential projects and maintain awareness of project budgets and timelines;
- Source furniture, fixtures & equipment (FF&E) with consideration to project vision and budget;
- Coordinate and manage procurement services as required;
- Manage and facilitate in the colour selection process;
- Develop and maintain client relationships and nurture relationships with peers and external vendors;
- Other related responsibilities as required.
- Completed degree in Interior Design or relative creative disciplines;
- A minimum of 5+ years of residential interior design work experience. Experience in pre-construction condominiums is highly preferred;
- Innate creative talent and passion for design;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to visualize space and scale;
- Extensive knowledge of the interior design and construction process;
- Strong comprehension of FF&E, specifications and value engineering;
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Bluebeam, Microsoft
Word and Excel programs;
- Self-directed, flexible, resourceful and thrives in a fast-paced work environment;
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines;
- Committed to continuous learning and innovation;
- Possess a sense of urgency, accountability and job ownership;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to integrate successfully with co-workers, clients, consultants and trades.
Contract Length & Location:
12 months (Full-time) | Toronto
About the Canderel Residential:
Canderel Residential develops communities that elevate the built form in major cities across Canada. We have marketed and sold over 10,000 condominiums to satisfied homeowners. The communities we build are recognized for their landmark architecture and are socially and environmentally positive enterprises. Our condominium sales consistently break records in the industry because we are innovators who change the neighbourhoods we are apart of by bringing in new retail, amenities, and exciting design all adding to the value of our developments. Our entrepreneurial vision, energy, work ethic makes us bold and our integrity keeps us diligent.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com.