IT Support Analyst
Reports to: IT Team Lead
Canderel Management Inc. is looking for an Information Technology Support Analyst to join our team who can aid in supporting the operation of the business objectives, support development projects, improve productivity and efficiencies, and assist with the company vision. Reporting to the Vice- President – Information Technology, the IT support analyst will focus on delivering end user applications, systems, network and infrastructure needs within the Canderel Group of companies.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative and analytical mindset that works closely with other departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Provide timely and friendly front-line IT support services to all Canderel locations with primary focus on Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary operations;
- Interact with a centralized ticketing system that is used to collect end-user incident reports, computer asset information, and other information relevant to the timely identification and resolution of IT related issues;
- Collaborate with vendors and consultants to support escalated queries;
- Assist in the collection, recording, and upkeep of IT related best practices, system configurations and diagrams, asset inventory, and policy;
- Install, configure, and maintain end-user applications and devices (MS Office 365, Windows 10, Mobile device management, IP telephony, helpdesk ticketing system, Zoom video conferencing);
- Install, configure, and maintain domain-based Windows desktops and laptops (Windows 10, Mac OS);
- Perform Adds/Moves/Changes of Active Directory (Windows 2012/2016 Server) user accounts and other directory services;
- Perform Adds/Moves/Changes and basic troubleshooting of DNS/DHCP/DFS environments;
- Perform Adds/Moves/Changes and basic troubleshooting of NTFS and file share security;
- Support end-users in TCP/IP, Ethernet, and 811 wireless environments;
- Support networked printers and end-user peripherals;
- Provide basic support of the corporate phone system;
- Perform network device log and policy analysis, general upkeep and maintenance of hardware, patch/update management.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A college or university degree is preferred;
- Technical certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, or other recognized vendors (asset);
- Expert understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols;
- Ability to work independently or on site at your Remote guidance and team escalation points will be available;
- Proactive in identifying, reporting, and troubleshooting problems, and able to provide full and excellent service to both internal and external clients and partners;
- Clear communication skills, active listener skills, and a solution-oriented approach
- Responsiveness to end-user needs, and able to understand the issues from the user’s point of view;
- A natural desire to provide good and friendly customer service and to stick with a problem until it is resolved;
- An eye for accuracy, attention to detail, and the work delivered reflects this;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- Bilingual, English and French.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager.