Canderel is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial Manager, Marketing to join our team. This role oversees the strategy and execution of marketing and public relations initiatives in alignment with the company vision and objectives for growing brand awareness, internal culture and new business opportunities. As leader of the marketing team, the Manager, Marketing leads excellence in content delivery; owns the development of communication strategies; and performs proactive content governance. The ideal candidate establishes collaborative, productive relationships with key stakeholders and works together with other business units to manage and build the reputation of Canderel. This role offers unbounded opportunities for growth and contributions to Canderel’s multi-market objectives.
- Own and execute a 360 marketing strategy and content calendar for Canderel and its subsidiaries;
- Manage Canderel’s public relations plan: media relations, community engagement, crisis management;
- Leverage Canderel’s expertise and monitor industry trends to develop engaging written content for internal and external audiences;
- Manage and optimize performance of a small marketing team, including both internal and external resources;
- Participate in the management of Canderel’s CRM database and communications;
- Coordinate daily assignments with Graphic Designer and coordinators;
- Ensure consistency of tone, style and accuracy of across all marketing materials with Canderel’s voice and brand;
- Content management of digital assets such as Canderel websites, news pieces, blog posts, project case studies, white papers, pitch packages and email campaigns;
- Oversee the timely and accurate execution of resources, budgeting, scheduling, creative themes and social media strategies, as related to campaigns;
- Gathers ideas, create and coordinate content for social media marketing posts across a variety of platforms;
- Draft commercially led business cases to gain formal budget approval;
- Develop regular reports of campaign performance by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and presenting data to senior management (i.e. campaign ROI, search engine optimization (SEO), audience engagement etc.);
- Monitor and maintain records of press stories relating to Canderel;
- Guide messaging for key speaking opportunities, events and announcements;
- Support with accurate, detail-oriented writing for presentations, marketing collateral and award submissions.
Perform other related responsibilities as requested from time to time
Qualifications & Competencies:
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in communications, marketing, public relations or journalism;
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in a marketing role (or equivalent), with demonstrated experience contributing to successful marketing campaigns;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing department management capacity
- Knowledge and/or marketing experience involving the Canadian real estate industry is considered an asset;
- Marketing experience in any of the following industries could be considered an asset: institutional finance & investment, legal counsel, engineering, architecture, mining;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to synthesize information into compelling and relevant industry content;
- Methodical agility to organize moving timelines and dividing divide projects into manageable priorities based on shifting business needs;
- Exceptional writing, storytelling and editorial skills, with a proven track record in writing for a variety of audiences and channels;
- Creative editorial ability, strategic thinker, proactive, highly focused, passionate individual that thrives on delivering results;
- Proven ability to leverage data into insights;
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of Canderel’s voice, language style and brand guidelines;
- Fluency in French & English is essential;
- Proficient with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms;
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills to successfully work with colleagues across Canada.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager.