Senior Project Manager – Taza
Reports to: General Manager of Design & Construction
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the delivery of a variety of commercial development projects through conception to completion. You will be reporting to the General Manager of Design & Construction on the exciting Taza Development and responsible for the supervision of all internal and external personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design. You will be required to have an open mind with respect to solving problems and be a team player who communicates proactively
- Manage the complete project life cycle and associated deliverables in the design, execution and delivery phases of projects;
- Develop, track, forecast and close budgets for projects;
- Plan and monitor the project schedule;
- Manage RFP and procurement processes in support of project development and implementation as necessary; including but not limited to the construction manager, and project team consultants;
- Lead the consulting team through the design development and construction progress site meetings, ensuring the schedule is maintained in all phases of the project;
- Conduct site visits to monitor and validate progress as agreed upon and ensure that projects are carried out according to the standards established during project planning;
- Manage communications with stakeholders involved in the projects.
- Actively participate in overall project monitoring, cost negotiations, presentation of additional requests or program modifications that have an impact on the project;
- Ensure efficient delivery of projects in accordance with the quality criteria.
- Perform ongoing evaluation of project risks implementing contingency plans to ensure project success.
- Review and track landlord obligations and lease agreements.
- Prepare tenant improvement and landlord work estimates to assist in the completion of leasing transactions.
- Complete landlord review of tenant drawings and specifications to ensure design criteria is being met.
- Provide direction and mentor direct reports.
- Construction, Building Technology Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Project management certification is preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in managing large retail developments;
- Experience on construction sites and the ability to read, understand and coordinate consultant drawings (architectural, landscape, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, codes and standards related to construction.
- Knowledge and experience in dealing with First Nations, including education or training in First Nations history
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A team player that can work in an entrepreneurial environment, and can balance changing priorities, meeting deadlines and can take direction from multiple sources
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and an excellent problem solver
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, and previous experience using MS Project and AutoCAD will be an asset
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards with a track record of actively checking for accuracy;
- Self-motivated and proactive with an established track record of effectively completing tasks independently
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude!
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.