Operations Supervisor – Calgary
Managing Director, Calgary Property Management & National Business Developer
Canderel is looking for a highly motivated Operations Supervisor to join our Calgary Operations team. Reporting to the Managing Director, Calgary Property Management & National Business Developer, the Operations Supervisor will direct, coordinate, and support Operations Staff in their daily work. Through inspiring leadership and strong team focus, overall responsibility encompasses operations and administration of the building operations team, maintenance and upkeep of building equipment to ensure optimal comfort of guests and tenants. The Operations Supervisor is a key resource for the management team when reviewing property and operational concerns.
- Build, mentor and guide an effective team of highly skilled operational staff;
- Directly supervise and monitor the overall effectiveness of the work performed by the Building Operators and required contractors;
- Ensure there is a building operator schedule and task checklist for each property;
- Review time sheet submission by employees then finalize the information for payroll and invoicing administration within expected deadline;
- Promote safe work at all times, with focus on internal OH&S policies and maintenance of SDS Safety Data Sheets;
- Develop and monitor the mechanical, electrical and safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable codes and Canderel policies;
- Offer exceptional customer service through responsiveness and proactive programs, ensuring comfort for all guests and tenants;
- Monitor and evaluate performance by providing regular supervision, reviews and team development;
- Provide timely guidance and clear, constructive feedback. Challenge the team members to achieve their best and address performance issues without delay;
- Foster a culture of self- and co-development. Encourage team to pursue avenues of relevant education enhancement;
- Develop and implement operational control strategies to ensure effective and sustainable building operations are maintained with a focus on energy and water cost-saving initiatives;
- Assist the Sr Property Manager with quarterly reforecasting of HVAC accounts and ensure work is performed to forecast and budget;
- Work with contractors and vendors to ensure that all works performed and goods received meet specifications and building standards;
- Project a positive and respectful attitude when interacting with peers, reporting employees, and customers.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Possess a high school diploma;
- Minimum a 4th Class ABSA Certification (3rd Class is considered an asset);
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a supervisory role of commercial project management;
- Experience in facilities management and control systems operation for high rise property (~1,000,000 sq. ft.+);
- Thorough understanding of building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, BMS and life safety systems;
- Working knowledge of property management accounting principles and practices;
- Working knowledge of human resources principles and practices;
- WHMIS, OHS and First Aid Certification would be considered assets;
- Pro-active mindset, ability to identify and manage issues before they arise;
- Exceptional teamwork and leadership skills;
- Clear and consistent communication skills; embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within internal and external teams;
- Thrive in an environment that constantly evolves and adapts: ability to navigate operational protocols in transition, implement new policies, and ensure their adherence;
- Drive to achieve results and continuously strive to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking and resourcefulness;
- Professional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.