Operations Supervisor – Edmonton
Senior Property Manager
Reporting to the Senior Property Manager, the Operations Supervisor will be assigned a portfolio of commercial office property. They are expected to direct, coordinate, and support the operations staff in their day to day work. The Operations Supervisor is a key resource for the entire property team when reviewing property operations or concerns, and in supporting larger construction projects.
Coordination and Supervision – Monitors the overall effectiveness of the work performed by the building operators. Assist the operators with tasks, trouble-shooting, and implementation of effective solutions to problems. Coaches, mentors, and is available to support operations staff with their concerns. Direct property maintenance and PM program activities to improve the performance and reliability of the building systems. Ensure regulatory requirements and testing are completed and records are maintained. Tender small projects and maintenance contracts.
Financial – Obtains quotes and provides recommendations to assist with the preparation and periodic review of operational budgets. Plans effective strategies to utilize Canderel’s size to obtain savings on contracts, services, and equipment replacement. Order material and maintain adequate supplies as required for maintenance activities. Enter and approve purchase orders and invoices and submit to PM.
Best Practices – Research and use industry best practices to develop and improve processes and policies in support of organizational and client goals ensuring a positive customer experience.
Sustainability – Identify, plan, and implement energy efficiency initiatives and sound environmental practices throughout the portfolio.
Human Resources – Assist with recruitment and placement of required operations staff. Monitor and evaluate performance.
Project Management – Assists Property Manager with project planning for construction projects, manages the coordination and control and post project activities.
PM Support – Maintain a collaborative relationship with the administrative team by providing technical expertise and feedback. Be an active participant in planning and decision making. Be available to review property and operational concerns and lend expertise in the development and implementation of solutions.
Health and Safety – Ensure that staff and the buildings in the portfolio comply with good Occupational Health and Safety practices. Enforces Canderel H&S plan. Suspends any work performed in an unsafe manner or that is detrimental to the health of workers or the tenants. Develop and keep current Canderel Health and Safety Policies at the property level. Liaise with Canderel staff and contractors as required to ensure that they understand and comply with safe work practices. Ensure legal requirements regarding health and safety are met. Develop and update manuals, Hazard assessments and other Life Safety documents.
- Allocates the building operators and alternates to all buildings in the assigned portfolio.
- Implements changes in procedures to support client/tenant goals and Canderel objectives.
- Performs Building Operator Performance Reviews. Interviews tenants and PMs to collect information used in the review.
- Ensures that contractors fulfill their contractual obligations and provides them with written notice of deficiencies in need of correction.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 10 years commercial operations experience
- Hold a valid Certificate of Competency with a minimum of Operator A or 5th Class Power Engineer per the Power Engineers Regulation
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of basic human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of construction project management principles and practices, and project management experience
- Knowledge of sustainability concepts, upgrades and programs such as BOMA BESt and able to drive them
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and roofing systems.
- Effective knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.