Project Coordinator – Toronto
Reports to: Project Manager
The Project Coordinator, reporting to and working closely with the Project Manager in the Canderel Toronto office will primarily be responsible to assist the Project Manager in day to day project management activities for the development of a phased residential mixed-use development.
- Maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with Internal and external stakeholders (consultants, trades etc.)
- Monitor budgets and deliverables ensuring contractual agreements are maintained
- Maintain the flow of information and documentation efficiently
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs ensuring proper filing/tracking of information relevant to contracts, reports, revisions, and drawings
- Assist the Construction Manager in the issuance and response to RFIs from consultants
- Review Architectural, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings
- Communicate and ensure drawings, changes are received and distributed
- Review and distribute site instructions with plans, specifications, and related correspondence
- Process and control the change order process
- Maintain and update records such as binders, construction and management databases.
- Coordinate and attend consultant design development and progress site meetings
- Assist with administering agreements for development, site plan, building permits, streetscape permit etc.
- Develop relationships with City of Toronto officials to expedite the issuance and renewal of permits
- Assist in award of contracts and manage pricing of upgrades
- Coordinate all purchaser upgrades/customizations and suite colour selection worksheets, binders, and database systems
- Develop and track new systems and procedures
- Manage and take responsibility of several smaller tasks or individual projects
- Prepare minutes of regular meetings as necessary
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Leasing, Marketing, Accounting etc.)
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Assist the Project Manager with adhoc tasks (shared facilities agreements, condominium registration and close out procedures).
Qualifications & Competencies:
- A degree in relevant field (architecture, engineering, construction management or project management preferred)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working for a developer or general contractor in the residential sector
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication for liaising with all stakeholders, maintained excellent relations with team members, clients, consultants and sub-trades
- Well versed with MS office for Information Logs/Status reports, contract documents, administration of the change process
- Experience in Project Management software (e.g. MS Project, Primavera, etc.) is beneficial
- Ability to read and analyze drawings
- Experience working with consultants and contractors
- Positive attitude and ambition to grow within an entrepreneurial environment
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National firstname.lastname@example.org.