Project Accountant – Calgary
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The Project Accountant will be a career minded individual who desires an opportunity to be a part of a vibrant, fast-paced, work environment with challenging learning experiences. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Project Accountant will be responsible for, but not limited to, cash reconciliations, operating cost recoveries, property tax, tracking of all tenant accounts receivable and producing financial statements for a high-profile downtown office building in Alberta.
- Preparation of rent calculations for new tenants;
- Posting deposits into the computer system;
- Completion of cheque runs;
- Verify and approve coding of all supplier accounts payable invoices, communicate with PM’s about billing discrepancies;
- Maintain tenant ledgers and provide AR reports to PM’s on a weekly basis; and
- Maintain good communication with internal departments as well as external clients, tenants and vendors.
- Review Rent Roll and post to accounting software;
- Prepare EFT transmissions for rent payments;
- Completion of multiple bank reconciliations, GST returns, non-resident and corporate tax remittances;
- Preparation of all financial statements, using both cash and accrual accounting;
- Preparation of detailed quarterly variance analysis and reporting;
- Full month-end reporting to Property Manager, Senior Management, Asset Manager and various stakeholders;
- Full cash management for the project including projections, reforecasts and cash calls from owners;
- Analysis of any capital additions to the projects including tenant improvements, leasing commissions, building additions, signage additions and financing fees;
- Responsible for all calculations for amortization and depreciation of existing capital items and any additions;
- Monthly calculations for operating costs and property tax recoveries, actual versus budgeted amounts;
- Booking of common area adjustments and ad-hoc reporting, as required; and
- Completion of extensive monthly owner technical reports, according to predetermined monthly deadlines.
- Preparation of all year-end working papers as required for each project, including detailed analysis of all Balance Sheet accounts and major revenue and expense accounts;
- Preparation and finalization yearly recoveries and invoice tenant chargebacks;
- Preparation of year-end financial statements as required by various stakeholders;
- Preparation of all working papers for external auditors as required; and
Preparation of all operating cost and property tax recovery adjustments.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Completion of an Accounting Degree or equivalent Commercial Property Accounting work experience
- Strong written and oral communication
- Extensive knowledge of Excel is required
- YARDI experience will be considered an advantage
- Strong organization skills and an ability to prioritize tasks
- Satisfactory police record clearance
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com.