Project Manager (Land) – TAZA Developments
General Manager, Engineering and Construction
Canderel is seeking an experienced Project Manager who will be tasked with supervising the land development within the TAZA Developments portfolio that are in an active construction stage. The Manager will liaise with external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design, and will lead a team of consultants to ensure feasibility and costing of projects. The Manager is expected to have an open mind with respect to solving problems and come prepared with recommendations to the senior management team. The Manager will provide supervision of consultants during various stages of design, development and construction.
Liaising between the City, lawyers, planning consultants and surveyors;
Coordination activities related to development agreements, site plan agreements, occupancy permits and registration. This includes document preparation for the City, document tracking, reviewing, securing clearances, permits, approvals and tenders. Control the tender and award process. Prepare all calls for bids according to established policies.
Financial preparation and accurate creation and tracking of construction budgets, provide experienced and insightful communication to the Property Manager. Understand and communicate budgetary changes due to alteration of occupancy levels or other unforeseen circumstances.
Health and Safety ensure that staff and the buildings in the portfolio comply with Canderel Occupational Health and Safety practices. Enforce HMI Health and Safety Policies at the property level. Liaise with HMI staff and support the agenda of the Health and Safety monthly meetings. Ensure participation from staff and make certain they understand and comply with safe work practices in addition to ensuring compliance with all City building department requirements.
Prepare Construction Schedule tenant and landlord work schedules in accordance with executed lease documents. Also deliver each tenant space by deadlines written into lease documents. Prepare scope of work.
Direct working drawings and production specifications, review and approve proposals and invoicing.
Sustainability Identify progressive sustainability initiatives and building efficiency programs.
Technology Strong competency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to work with AutoCAD
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Construction, Building Technology Diploma or Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in local construction/development industry
- Hands on experience with commercial land projects
- Strong knowledge of all construction trades, techniques, contractors and consultants
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- Project management experience in the area of large-scale construction projects, procedures and health and safety
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, OH&S legislation and related building codes
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in written form, with all levels of staff including laborers, technical, professional and senior management
- Proficiency with MS Office
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.