Property Administrator – Ottawa
Reports to: Property Manager
The Property Administrator is a key member of the Property Management team, and is responsible to provide reliable, timely, and efficient rental collections, maintenance of leases and tenant files and accounts payable.
- Deliver excellent service to customers through integrity, respect and being results-oriented;
- Provide Tenants with rental notices and invoices on a timely basis (including step rents, free rents, etc.);
- Review lease summaries and rent roll for accuracy;
- Liaise with Lease Administrator to ensure charges for fixturing period are billed accordingly (utilities and cleaning);
- Responsible for collection of rent and additional billings;
- Determine which receivable accounts require reconciliation to collect arrears;
- Review and provide list for CPI increase to be entered in MRI/YARDI;
- Obtain monthly and annual gross sales from tenants, update reports and arrange billing for % rent;
- Review of monthly MRI/YARDI control reports to identify problems and take corrective action. (Tenant Rent Rolls, Billing Generation, EFT, Aged
- Review A/R and call tenants for outstanding arrears, prepare accounts receivable commentary for internal review and monthly report;
- Coordination of year-end recoveries and tax escalations with direction from PM, GM and Accountant;
- Provide Accountant or PM relevant lease sections related to Tenant rents, leasing costs;
- Verification and coding of all supplier invoices through AvidXchange, NEXUS;
- Deposit rent cheques and post deposits in MRI/YARDI;
- Complete utility spreadsheets for billings and accruals;
- Prepare monthly accruals;
- Assist with preparation of monthly reports (variance analysis, A/R comments and other miscellaneous documents);
- Assist with budget preparation as requested;
- Prepare letters and general correspondence;
- Track supplier invoices to match with tenant billings for additional services;
- Responsible for coverage of the reception during lunch periods daily and vacation;
- Perform other related responsibilities as requested from time to time.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum of five years in Lease or Property administrative role preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Working knowledge of MRI and YARDI accounting systems and AvidXChange and NEXUS an asset;
- Customer oriented/customer focused;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Supports teamwork environment with positive and professional attitude;
- Goes the “extra mile” to understand and respond to customer needs;
- Flexibility to changing work conditions including interruptions and multi-tasking ability;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, deal with deadlines.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.