Reports to: Vice-President, Property Management
Location: Ville St-Laurent, Quebec
Canderel is seeking a driven and accountable Property Manager, responsible for entire operation of the building complex including management aspects. This role will require a good general knowledge of basic building systems and equipment. This complex comprises 20 distinct single and multi-tenant buildings.
- Maintaining excellent investor-client relations, ensuring the provisions of the Management Agreement with the investor client are respected;
- Responsible for all aspects of management and operations, tenant relations, reporting and budgeting;
- Leadership in the office and on site;
- Provides input to VP on building and departmental procedures ;
- Directs and supervises the day-to-day activities of the building operators ;
- Supervises building operations procedures;
- Oversee and monitor third party contractors and vendors;
- Engage with tenants, ensuring tenants’ service requests and complaints are properly documented and handled promptly and professionally;
- Analyzes energy consumption levels and makes appropriate recommendations to management;
- Monitors tenants’ and owners’ conformity to all applicable federal, provincial, or municipal laws pertaining to building operations;
- Liaison with consultants and contractors on tenant work and major repairs/refurbishment programs;
- Supervises the implementation of preventive maintenance programs;
- Supervises emergency operations procedures;
- Prepares all insurance claims;
- Ensures life safety issues are immediately handled and that life safety related maintenance contracts are in place (sprinklers, fire alarm systems etc.);
- Step in to help the team as necessary;
- Prepare and manage budgets, including adhering to approved budgets and obtain required approvals where necessary;
- Prepare and analyze accruals;
- Solid understanding of management accounting and financial reporting;
- Prepares well-documented monthly variance analysis reports ;
- Read and interpret leases , ensuring tenants’ adherence to all terms and conditions outlined in their leases and rental payments are paid on time;
- Maintains property data files on building;
- Supervises, tracks, negotiates service contracts;
- Manage vendor bids, selection & procurement, prepare all calls for bids according to established policies;
- Function as part of the project management;
- Oversee project documentation, approvals, tenders.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Commercial real estate management experience;
- Highly organized and excellent attention to detail;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive for results;
- Enthusiastic and engaged with a passion for real estate;
- Practical knowledge of building operations systems and equipment;
- Competency & experience with the core responsibilities (listed);
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity; able to lead teams through change;
- A sense of humour and passion for customer satisfaction.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com.