Team Lead, IT Operations
Reports to: Vice-President, Information Technology
Canderel Management Inc. is looking for an Information Technology Operations Team Lead to join our Technology team who can aid in streamlining the operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization and support development projects, improve productivity and efficiency, reduce costs and assist with the company vision. Reporting to the Vice-President, Information Technology, the IT Operations Team Lead will relentlessly focus on delivering end user application, system, network and infrastructure needs within the Canderel Group of companies. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to long-term digital transformation of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative and analytical mindset that works closely within IT and other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The candidate assists with leading the operations team day-to-day to deliver services efficiently with positive business impacts to Canderel.
- Personally resolve, or assist IT staff in resolving, all IT operational issues to assure smooth use of technology by the business and its clients;
- Constantly look to increase availability and performance by researching and recommending improvements;
- Manage projects involving the transformation of IT systems and operational capabilities;
- Ensure implementation of IT policy and best practices for the organization;
- Deliver and support training programs and workshops for staff to promote adoption of new IT capabilities;
- Support 3rd party system audits;
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT operations projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an IT leadership role, or related experience;
- 5+ years of experience in a SME corporate IT infrastructure environment;
- Expertise with networking, infrastructure and hardware concepts;
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills;
- Ability to lead projects with strong time management skills;
- A track record of setting and meeting deadlines;
- Management Information Systems (MIS) or related technical operations management degree;
- A track record of providing industry leading services to internal and external stakeholders;
- A naturally curious approach to work – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job;
- Developed acumen to make smart, informed decisions;
- Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious;
- Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization.