Associate, Investments – Calgary – TAZA
Are you interested in joining an effective team striving to transform economic reconciliation? Are you passionate about creating authentic, inclusive and sustainable development projects? Taza Development Corporation is a real estate development company and wholly-owned subsidiary of Canderel that is responsible for one of the largest First Nation development projects in North America on behalf of the Tsuut’ina – Canderel Partnership. Taza is a multi-phase development project encompassing three distinct, but related villages that are situated within the Tsuut’ina Nation and form the border with southwest Calgary. Guided by established design standards, Taza spans 1,200 acres and is master planned for over 25 million square feet that will be constructed over the next 30 years to meet the environmental, social and governance needs of the future.
Reporting to the Director, Finance this role will work closely with the Taza Development Corp Development and Leasing team to provide analytical support on a wide variety of real estate development projects, focusing on in-depth financial and business case analysis while providing customized market and feasibility reports across all commercial real estate asset classes, including retail, office, light industrial, hospitality and multifamily projects. Responsibilities also include leading the analytics team, building and maintaining relationships with advisors and brokers, supporting lease negotiations, and providing monthly progress reporting.
- Provide analytical support on a wide variety of tasks including market research, proforma and cash flow modeling, financial analysis, due diligence studies, and preparation of submissions for Investment Committee and Board approval
- Construct Argus-based proforma models across all asset classes and provide in-depth analysis and evaluation of the outputs
- Prepare financial models and scenario analysis in both Argus and Excel to project cash flows, investment returns, and the viability of acquisitions, development and re-development projects
- Prepare comprehensive underwriting packages, including analyses of capital and development investment parameters
- Review, summarize and incorporate third party analysis (i.e. engineering, cost consultants, geotechnical reports, etc.)
- Develop detailed corporate reporting and presentation materials while working in collaboration with team members
- Review and ensure monthly progress reporting are submitted in a timely manner
- Engage professionally with outside advisors and brokers
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Real Estate or Mathematics, preferably MBA or CFA designation
- Extensive work experience in commercial real estate, investment banking, private equity, or commercial lending
- Thorough understanding of real estate (market capitalization rates, development yields, lease structures) and other finance and investment fundamentals (key return metrics, debt structuring, valuation, and others)
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills including a expert working knowledge of MS Office programs (Word, Excel and Project), Adobe, Argus (Developer and Enterprise), and the ability to adapt to other software programs as required
- A team player that can work in an entrepreneurial environment and balance changing priorities, meeting deadlines and take direction from multiple sources
- Exceptional presentation skills with experience presenting to executive leadership
- Superb organizational skills complemented by a continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated project and time management skills
- Ability to train and model exceptional leadership standards
- Strong attention to detail and adherence to standards with a track record of actively checking for accuracy
- Tsuut’ina citizens and Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to those who have experience and can demonstrate an understanding of First Nations culture and practices
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.