Reports to: Director or Senior Director, Project and Development Services
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for project planning and execution pre-construction and development activities of high-rise residential projects throughout the GTA. This includes the management and coordination of design, value engineering, pre-tendering activities and consultant contracts. This role is key in handling execution of complex developments during the pre-construction, construction and close-out stages of a project.
- Plan, organize, direct, and manage all facets of a residential or mixed-use project and ensure pre-established costs, schedule and scope objectives are achieved;
- Determine resources required to ensure all aspects of the project are managed appropriately;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as the investments group, marketing and leasing and external stakeholders such as partners, consultants, construction manager, building trades, building department and municipal staff;
- Coordinate with third party construction manager, subcontractors, planners, engineers, architects and other consultants;
- Produce regular reports and updates for project stakeholders;
- Prepare RFPs for procurement of consultants and construction manager;
- Review tender packages and contract documents as necessary;
- Hold regular construction progress meetings and track progress; monitor productivity rates and contractor planned vs. actuals;
- Accounting functions, including issuing purchase orders, cost file maintenance, managing change orders, billings and account reconciliation;
- Lead the condominium registration process including liaising with various stakeholders including lawyers, surveyors, planners and municipal authorities;
- Comply with all legal authorities having jurisdiction to secure all legal paperwork including permits;
- Ensure the high-quality standards of Canderel developments are met;
- Manage design, construction and budget risks including creation of a risk mitigation strategy;
- Ensure project profitability, schedule adherence and client satisfaction;
- Manage overall project closeout including document maintenance, deficiencies and warranty work;
- Manage the administration of the Technical Audit obligations and Warranty issues;
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in project management of multi-family residential development projects within a development company;
- A minimum Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, engineering, architecture, planning, construction management or equivalent experience;
- Project Management professional or P.Eng designation considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability or aptitude analyzing drawings for site, building, and suite plans;
- A good business acumen, including a clear ‘big picture’ understanding of cost vs risk;
- Superior communication skills, both in written and verbal form;
- Excellent comprehension of building drawings, codes and site specifications;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with proven ability to coordinate cross-functional and remote teams;
- Refined analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Resilient to thrive under stress and pressure to meet deadlines;
- A team player.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Jeff Farrell, Talent Acquisition Manager email@example.com.