Project Coordinator – Edmonton
Reports to: Director, Project & Development Services
The Project Coordinator, working closely with the Directors, Project Managers and Project & Development Services team in the Canderel Edmonton office. They will primarily be responsible to assist the Directors and Project Manager in day-to-day project management and project accounting activities for capital projects, landlord work projects, turnkey projects and new development projects as well as assist in budgeting for leasing.
- Day to day coordination on projects with responsibility of communicating, documenting and maintaining project details with various project team members;
- Process invoices in a timely manner after obtaining the proper approval including coding and tracking of invoices.
- Maintain and update project cost tracking and reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Set up projects (jobs), budgets, job costs, cost codes, contracts, change orders, purchase orders, and run various construction cost reports.
- Assist in budget pricing for new projects or leasing.
- Liaise with internal and external team members to ensure the approval of the contractors payment requisitions in compliance with the contract documents
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs ensuring proper filing/tracking of information relevant to contracts, reports, revisions, and drawings;
- Maintain project files, including but not limited to: submittals, correspondence, project directory, RFIs, drawings, contracts/purchase orders and change orders, drawings, permit applications;
- Manage contract request process and compile required information and documentation;
- Compile close out documents (including but not limited to as-built drawings, contractor warranties & guaranties).
- Manage and take responsibility of several smaller tasks, budget exercises or individual projects.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Diploma in relevant field and 2 to 4 years of experience;
- Experience in project management at the administrative level;
- Experience in accounting;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Prioritization of tasks and great sense of organization;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings;
- Advanced knowledge in English.
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.