Property Manager – Ottawa
Reports To: General Manager
The Property Manager role, reporting to the General Manager, is responsible for a portfolio of buildings in Ottawa. Management aspects will include a good general knowledge of base building systems and equipment, financial aptitude as required in the preparation and analysis of budgets and reports, the administration of tenants and a desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Maintaining excellent investor-client relations, ensuring the provisions of the Management Agreement with the investor client are respected
- Working as a team to deliver a high level of service for all aspects of management, operations, tenant relations, reporting and budgeting
- Provides input to General Manager on building and departmental procedures
- Oversee and monitor third party contractors and vendors
- Engage with tenants, ensuring tenants’ service requests and complaints are properly documented and handled promptly and professionally
- Analyzes energy consumption levels and makes appropriate recommendations to management
- Monitors tenants’ and owners’ conformity to all applicable federal, provincial, or municipal laws pertaining to building operations
- Works as a team member in the delivery of emergency operations procedures
- Prepares all insurance claims
- Ensures life safety issues are immediately handled.
- Prepare and manage budgets, including adhering to approved budgets and obtain required approvals where necessary
- Prepare and analyze accruals
- Solid understanding of management accounting and financial reporting
- Prepares well-documented monthly variance analysis reports
- Read and interpret leases, ensuring tenants’ adherence to all terms and conditions outlined in their leases and rental payments are paid on time
- Maintains property data files on building
- Supervises, tracks, negotiates service contracts
- Manage vendor bids, selection & procurement, prepare all calls for bids according to established policies
- Function as part of a team in project management delivery. Liaison with construction services and operations team as well as consultants and contractors on tenant work and major repairs/refurbishment programs
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Minimum 5 -7 years commercial property management experience
- Working towards RPA/CPM preferred
- Ability to multi-task under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and engaged with a passion for real estate
- Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt.
- Embrace collaborative sharing and knowledge within a teamwork environment
- Driven to achieving results and continuously deliver at a high level
Canderel is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce drives innovation and makes our company stronger. We are committed to fostering a safe and positive environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants to join our team as we continue to grow and build a strong and varied workforce reflective of today’s diverse world. Should you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Shawna Brothers, Manager, Talent Acquisition, National email@example.com.